COVID-19 Relief Programme
Frequently Asked Questions
- Those who have been infected by COVID-19; or
- Those who have undergone mandatory quarantine at home; or
- Those who are suffering a loss of income from work or business as a result of the economic impact of the COVID-19 situation.
Please take note that your policy must not have any outstanding premium before 18 March 2020 to be eligible for this programme.
Please submit your application along with the following supporting documents to email@example.com with the email subject title:
PAYMENT DEFERMENT APPLICATION: POLICY NUMBER XXXXXXXXX
(To provide all policy numbers that you would like to apply for payment deferment)
Supporting documents required:
- Doctor’s Letter confirming COVID-19 infection (if the policyholder is infected), or
- Employer’s Letter of Salary Reduction/Termination Letter, or
- Letter of Closure of non-essential businesses by Business Owners, or
- Other relevant proof or documents, if any (example: hawker centre closure notice)
- Payment Mode: Monthly
- Application Received: 1 April 2020
- Next premium due date: 27 April 2020
- Premium Deferment Period is from 27 April 2020 until 26 July 2020
- The credit card direct debit (DDA)/ auto-debit facility will stop billing premium until the end of the deferment period. The DDA/auto debit facility will resume after end of the deferment period.
- For bank standing instruction, you will need to inform the respective bank to stop payment.
Apart from the deferment programme, you may consider exploring other options such as reducing your sum assured and/or removing the supplementary riders depending on your needs and affordability.
As there are various options that are available for your policy, we recommend that you consult your servicing agent to review your insurance coverage and protection needs.
- This is not a waiver of premium
- Late payment interest or administrative charges for insurance policy will not be imposed throughout the deferment period
- If your application is approved, your policy coverage will remain in-force during the deferment period
- Once the deferment period ends, your contractual obligation regarding premium payment will resume as usual
Please be assured that we will be updating our customers on the new COVID-19 Relief Programme and MCO initiatives to support our customers during this unprecedented time. To ensure that you have the up-to-date info, please update your contact details at MyAllianz Customer Portal here.