Allianz Claims Caravan, roll out!
Phone: 03 2264 0780
- Social Media
Allianz Malaysia’s Claims Caravan is all set to be mobilised to help customers with claims this monsoon season.
The claims caravan’s sole purpose is to expedite the claims of Allianz General Insurance Company (Malaysia) Berhad (Allianz General) policyholders affected by floods. At the caravan, walk-in customers would be able to fill up their claim forms and an adjuster would then be assigned to survey the said property within 24 hours.
Allianz received a total of 578 claims in Penang alone during the floods in November last year, with 378 of the claims involving private dwellings.
“This year, we are doing things a little different. We are doing away with a fixed schedule and making things flexible to allow the caravan to rove around to locations that require assistance. It is important that we get to our customers as quickly as possible to provide them with all the assistance that they need in making their claims and helping them to get back on their feet,” said Jayapragash Amblavanar, Head of Claims for Allianz General.
Allianz Householder (tenants) and Houseowner policyholders who are affected by the floods will also receive a waterproof survival kit, while stocks last. The kit comes complete with a blanket, towels, first aid kit, and torchlight.
Besides that, for larger claims, Allianz Malaysia will also be making interim payments within seven days from the date of loss, if liability is apparent.
To find out more about the Allianz Claims Caravan schedule, Allianz General customers can contact the 24-hour hotline 03-42703951 and 017-4502288 (also via WhatsApp).
Steps to take when making an insurance claim
When faced with a flood, this is what you should do when making an insurance claim:
• Get in touch with our claims personnel as soon as possible to help expedite the claims process
• Try listing down all the damages that occurred
• Always keep receipts of your purchases in a zip-lock bag
• Take photos of the conditions of your home wherever and whenever possible
• If you live in a disaster-prone area, consider putting together an emergency bag that consists of a spare change of clothes, personal hygiene items, medication, a first aid kit and copies of personal documents